We write about products and services that we use. This page may contain affiliate links for which we receive a commission.
Instead, he keeps his cash and credit cards in a Money Clamp which he keeps in his front pants pocket at all times.
He wouldn’t dream of using a “standard” money clip — because he says they aren’t nearly as sophisticated as the Money Clamp is. The official Money Clamp is similar to a traditional money clip, yet it’s very different.
Here’s why he thinks the Money Clamp is the best man’s wallet around…
My Husband’s Money Clamp
Jim just got his 3rd Money Clamp (…in 11 years).
The first one was from back in the day when QVC used to sell mostly things that couldn’t be found in stores. This neato money clip they were showcasing was just different enough to catch my attention, and it seemed like it would make a great gift for my hubby.
He loved it!
Several years later, his Money Clamp started looking a bit worn from being used day in and day out — so I got him another one that I found online.
That one, too, lasted several years and it wasn’t until recently that I noticed that the official Money Clamp is now available on Amazon, so I grabbed a shiny new one for him.
Truth be told, neither of his previous Money Clamps broke or failed in any way. The metal clamp had simply became scuffed after so much use, and the leather credit card holder was looking a little worn around the edges. I still keep his first two Money Clamps as backups in case of an emergency — should he lose his or something.
Why He Likes The Money Clamp Best
- It’s simple to use. You don’t have to dig deep inside of anything (like a multi-fold wallet) to get to your individual credit cards or dollar bills.
- It removes the wallet bulge that 95% of men have in their rear pockets. In effect, it streamlines the size of your “wallet” to about 2 inches by 3 inches in size.
- It’s much sturdier than a traditional money clip. It’s a much more substantial piece. It never stretches out or loses its tight grip.
- It’s easy to eyeball the credit card you want or the denomination of bill that you’re after. Just grab & go!
- It helps you stay organized. With slots for up to 12 credit cards (the 3 slots on each side of the leather wallet hold 2 cards each), you only carry the ones you actually use the most. Yet 12 is much more than some money clips allow.
- You can keep your “business” credit cards on one side and your “personal” credit cards on the other side (of the leather slotted pouch).
- You can keep receipts and other things in the small center pocket found in the leather wallet itself.
- The clamp itself locks on tightly, so there’s no chance of anything falling out! Everything (cards, cash, receipts) stays securely clamped in place within the Money Clamp’s tight grip.
- A front pocket wallet like the Money Clamp is safer. No one’s going to pick-pocket a guy’s front pocket!
- It’s very sleek and stylish. Almost every time he pulls it out of his front pocket, people study it from afar. Many actually ask where he got it and how it likes it.
- We didn’t get Jim’s Money Clamp monogrammed, but it’s a great gift item that can be personalized
Money Clamp Is The Best Front Pocket Wallet
Even though it’s easier to find traditional money clips in stores, try as I might, I haven’t been able to get him to switch. Not even to a slightly different type of money clip / wallet combo that seemed a bit more practical to me.
- See What Others Who Bought The Money Clamp Think About It
- VIDEO: Money Clips vs The Money Clamp
- Amazon Money Clamp Reviews
- Money Clamp Facebook Page
I've been in the business of helping men create and build their casual and professional wardrobes since 1991. My area of expertise is designing men's suits and properly fitting a man for a suit. In addition to that, I am often asked for honest advice regarding men's grooming and personal care products — and I am always happy to help!