In writing about our personal experiences, we sometimes mention products or services that we use or recommend. This page may contain affiliate links for which we receive a commission.
Contrary to popular belief, a pink dress shirt is as much a staple in a man’s wardrobe as a white dress shirt.
The key is in selecting the correct tone.
You want to carefully select a blush or rose color which complements the skin tone of most men, not a bright or bubblegum pink.
The greatest advantage of a pink shirt is that it softens the dark hues of navy, charcoal gray and black, where a white shirt being such a stark contrast may leave your appearance a bit washed out.
Now that you know what to look for in a pink shirt, let’s discuss what to wear it with…
Suits That Look Best With A Pink Shirt
To complement your pink shirt when you’re wearing a full suit, choose one of the following:
- Navy solid suit
- Navy pin or chalk stripe suit
- Charcoal gray solid suit
- Charcoal gray pin or chalk stripe suit
- Black solid suit
- Black pin or chalk stripe suit
As far as ties, shoes, and belts are concerned, these are your best options when wearing a pink shirt with the suit colors mentioned above:
- Medium blue to sky blue tie
- Light purple to lavender tie
- Warm red tie
- medium gray to cloud gray tie
Shoes & Belts
- Brown or black shoes & belts with a navy solid suit, a navy pin or chalk stripe suit, a charcoal gray solid, suit, or a charcoal gray pin or chalk stripe suit
- Black shoes with a black solid suit, or a black pin or chalk stripe suit
Blazers That Look Best With A Pink Shirt
To complete your look when wearing a pink shirt with a blazer and trousers, choose one of the following:
- Navy solid blazer with charcoal gray, tan, cream or white trousers
- Black solid blazer with charcoal gray and silver gray trousers
Shoes & Belts
- Brown should be worn with a navy solid blazer and tan, cream or white trousers only.
- Brown or black can be worn with a navy solid blazer and charcoal gray trousers.
- Black should be worn with a black solid blazer and any of the suggested coordinating trousers.
Trousers That Look Best With A Pink Shirt
- Navy trousers
- Charcoal gray trousers
- Silver gray trousers
- Black trousers
- Tan trousers
- Cream trousers
- White trousers
Shoes & Belts
- Brown or black with navy trousers
- Charcoal gray with silver gray trousers
- Black with black trousers only
- Brown with tan, cream, or white trousers only
The Bottom Line…
The pink shirt not only shows your self-confidence, but when worn correctly, it also leaves you with a stylistically modern and masculine look.
Have a pink tie? See what you should (and should not) wear with a pink tie.
I’ve been in the men’s clothing business since 1991. My specialty is custom-tailored suits and shirts, as well as men’s accessories.