Note: The focal point in all communication in an interview goes from a firm handshake at waist level to primarily your face; how you frame it is extremely important. With that said, stay away from geometric, check or plaid pattern neckwear that will ultimately reek havoc on the eyes of the viewer. You want and need them to be able to make strong eye contact with you throughout the interview.
Now let’s look at the essentials you will need in creating that look of confidence for your job interview.
Business Suit Colors and Styles:
- Navy Solid Single Breasted 2 Button Coat/Pleated or Plain Front Pant
- Charcoal Gray Solid Single Breasted 3 Button Coat/Pleated or Plain Front Pant
- NEVER DOUBLE BREASTED COAT
Business Dress Shirt Colors and Styles:
- Solid White Medium Spread Collar/Regular 1 Button Cuff
- Solid Blue Medium Spread Collar/ Regular 1 Button Cuff
- NO BUTTON DOWN COLLARS
- NO FRENCH CUFF
Neckwear Colors & Patterns:
- Colors – Merlot, Burgundy, Red, Blue
- Patterns – Regimental Stripes, Solids, Medallions
- Wedding Band or Class Ring
- White Linen Pocket Square
- Dress Watch – preferably a leather band
- NO SPORT or DIVING WATCHES
- NO BRACELETS/NO PINKY RINGS
I’ve been in the men’s clothing business since 1991. My specialty is custom-tailored suits and shirts, as well as men’s accessories.