We write about products and services that we use. This page may contain affiliate links for which we receive a commission.
Just as the scent of a freshly baked apple pie brings back memories of our grandmothers, the sight of the Wolverine 1000 Mile Boot triggers the memory of my grandfather.
Whether fishing, cutting wood, bailing hay, gardening, snapping beans, husking sweet corn or just sitting under the maple tree in the back yard listening to his stories with his lip full of Copenhagen, it was the masculine journey of a young boy’s summer.
That’s what I love about the Wolverine 1000 Mile Boot Collection.
It has a story, and it tells a story. It remains true to its own heritage, while embracing the heritage of another (Horween Leather Company) in honoring this classic collection of men’s fall boots.
Wolverine Boot Collection
The reasons to own a pair of Wolverine 1000 Mile Boots are endless.
A few for you to consider:
- The authentic style, craftsmanship, softness and tanning of the leather combine to compliment any man’s casual wardrobe.
- With 3 colors (black, rust, brown) to choose from, there is at least one color certain to find its spot in your shoe rotation.
- Why choose just one color of Wolverine boot when you could own all 3?!
Consider the following looks.
Here are some men’s clothing pieces that would go well with the Wolverine 1000 mile boots:
- Levi’s 501 jeans and Woolrich buffalo check wool shirt
- Woolrich West Valley corduroys and Woolrich flatrock half zip sweater
- Orvis shawl collar fisherman’s cardigan and Orvis donegal tweed pant
Consider the craftsmanship.
Wolverine 1000 Mile Boots are constructed with a classic hand-stitched Goodyear welt.
The Goodyear welt is a method of attaching the sole of a shoe to the upper. The upper is temporarily drawn over the last and a strip of leather (the welt) is stitched to the upper and inner sole. The sole is then hand-stitched through the welt to complete the process. This construction allows multiple sole replacements, extending the life of the footwear. Source
Consider the softness and tanning of the leather
. (as seen in this video)
Here is a list of retailers that sell the Wolverine boot.
You can also find Wolverine boots on Amazon.
I’ve been in the men’s clothing business since 1991. My specialty is custom-tailored suits and shirts, as well as men’s accessories.